Thursday, November 20, 2008

Written Oct 12th: God's Amazing Rescue Operation

(I'm posting some missives John has sent out the past couple of months, titling them according to when they were written.)

Greetings to all of you who are there on the front lines as our Lord's "Ambassadors" --

I am watching the sun rise in Santa Barbara on this clear Sunday morning. I could not sleep any longer, mulling over in my mind the meaningfulness of those words in Ephesians 2:8-10 about "being saved by grace, not of works......".

I guess I was revisiting that empowering declaration of Paul's in the light of an essay that fell into my hands this week. It was written by a friend and colleague of mine - some of you may know him. Dr. Lloyd Ahlem taught at the Social Science Department (Psychology), Stanislaus State University in Turlock, California. He also served as the President of NPU for a season. He is a layman, but could have pastored any one of our churches.

He entitled his reflection, A CHRISTIAN MANIFESTO FOR PEOPLE ....WHO DO NOT LIKE BIG WORDS. Find your self in quiet corner sometime today with your Bible open to Ephesians 2:8-10 and then read the attachment - retelling to yourself God's amazing rescue operation in the words of Lloyd. It's all about grace!!!

Prayerfully, John N

No comments: